English Conversation three


English Conversation three

Victor: Okay, have a nice day. I’ll see you later.
Agatha: Wait, wait, are you going to be home for dinner?
Victor: No. I’m going out with Sam tonight.
Agatha: Sam? Who Sam?
Victor: Sam’s my friend.
Agatha: Is Sam-antha pretty?
Victor: No. His name is Samuel and he isn’t pretty.
Agatha: Do I know him?
Victor: I don’t think so.
Agatha: Well, what does he do?
Victor: Sam’s a sculpture student at school.
Agatha: And where does he live?
Victor: He lives in Notting Hill… Ladbroke Grove.
Agatha: And where are you going tonight?
Victor: We’re going to the pub, Okay?
Agatha: Does Sam have a car?
Victor: Yes, he does.
Agatha: Will he be driving tonight?
Victor: No, he isn’t. I’m taking my car.
Agatha: Well, please be careful.
Victor: Of course I will. I’ll see you later.
Bye, Elena.
Elena: Bye.
Agatha: He’s the youngest in our family…
Elena: I understand. You’re a good sister.
Agatha: Thank you! You’re very sweet!
Elena: Where can I buy a coat?
Agatha: I know all the best shops!
Elena: I can’t spend a lot of money. How much is a coat?
Agatha: Don’t worry about the price. We will find you a lovely coat! I’m an experienced shopper!
Elena: I’m very grateful to you for your help.
Agatha: sweet girl! Now tell me: what size are you?
Elena: I’m a size 40
Agatha: Okay, I think that’s a 12 here.
Elena: I need a black coat in…
Agatha: … in wool. Yes.. Yes.
And what about shoes? What size shoe do you wear?
Elena: I wear a size 38.
Agatha: I think that’s a UK size 5.
Elena: But I don’t need shoes.
Agatha: Every woman needs shoes! Lots of them!
Elena: Lots of them!
Agatha: Now, I’ll call Betty.
Elena: Betty?
Agatha: My sister! She will want to come too.
Elena: Oh, good. It will be nice to meet your sister. Does she look like you?
Agatha: Oh goodness, no, no. Betty has blonde curly hair and dark eyes.
Here we go. Betty, hi sweetheart!
Well, we have an emergency. My Spanish friend, Elena?  She needs a new coat. Come over quickly. Okay, see you. She’ll be right over!
Lesson:
PLURAL OF REGULAR NOUNS
Add ‘S’ to make regular nouns plural
One boy -> two boys.
One table -> two tables.
One cat -> two cats.

I know all the best shops!
Shop -> Shops.

PLURAL OF IRREGULAR NOUNS

Child -> children
Man -> men
Woman -> women

Some nouns stay the same

Fish -> fish
Sheep -> sheep

ARTICLES

The -> definite article
A & An – indefinite article

DEFINITE ARTICLE – THE
The boy
The girl
The house
The garden

The stays the same for feminine, masculine, singular and plural nouns
 The girl – the girls

DEFINITE ARTICLES – A & AN

Use a with words that begin with a consonant

A bike             A car
A boy              A banana

Use an with words that begin with a vowel

An apple           An umbrella
An ice cream       An lrish boy

DESCRIBING PEOPLE

Betty has curly blonde hair
And dark eyes

Hair
Curly – wavy – straight – long – short – blonde – drak – red
Eyes
Drak – light – blue – brown – green

My best friend has curly red hair and green eyes


Agatha: I’m exhausted!
Elena: Me too! Shopping is a big job!
Agatha: Yes, it is. Shopping is very hard work! Would you like a cup of tea?
Elena: Can I have a cup of coffee, please?
Agatha: Coffee? Oh, dear!
Elena: it’s okay. Tea is fine.
Agatha: Okay. Try on your new things for me.
Elena: Okay.
Agatha: Hello? Hello? Who is this? Chang…? Yes, this is Agatha Johnson. Elena? Hold on please, I’ll call her.
Elena. Telephone!
Elena: Hello? Chang! Yes, it is very nice here. You’re back in London?
Yes, on Saturday night? Okay, okay. Bye, bye.
Agatha: Who was that?
Elena: Chang, he is back in London. He is staying in King’s Cross.
Agatha: is he your boyfriend?
Elena: Who, Chang? No, he is my classmate.
Agatha: How delightful!
Elena: I think we will go to see a film on Saturday night.
Agatha: That will be very nice for you.
How old is Chang?
Elena: He’s twenty-five
Agatha: is he married?
Elena: No, he isn’t married.
Agatha: Does he have any children?
Elena: No. He isn’t married!       
Agatha: Oh, right, of course. You did say he is single.
 Come on! I want a fashion show. Look at that gorgeous coat!
Elena: is it too small? Too fluffy?
Agatha: It’s perfect!
Elena: Are the shoes too high?
Agatha: No, no, they’re perfect!
Elena: Is the dress too low?
Agatha: No
Elena: Too tight?
Agatha: No, darling, you look fantastic!
Elena: Thank you.
Victor: My goodness! Is that you, Elena?
Elena: Hello.
Agatha: What are you doing home?
Victor: Sam isn’t well. He has a cold.
Elena: I’m sorry.
Agatha: Let’s get something delicious for dinner. Take- away?
Elena: Yes.
Agatha: Fish and chips? Yeah.
Lession:
PRESENT SIMPLE – INTERROGATIVE FORM
Do + Subject + Present Simple
You speak -> Do you speak?
You understand -> do you understand?
You remember -> do you remember?
Do you speak French?
Do you understand English?

With the third person
We use does instead of do

Does Victor live in London?
Does he live in London?
Does Elena live in Madrid?
Does she live in Madrid?

PRESENT SIMPLE – INTERROGATIVE FORM
SHORT ANSWERS
Do you speak French? Yes, I do/No, I don’t.
Does Agatha live in London? Yes, she does.
Does Victor live in Madrid? No, he doesn’t.

We don’t say yes or no

We say:
Yes, I do/ no, I don’t
Yes, he does / no, he doesn’t

NUMBERS UP TO THIRTY
13 thirteen             17 seventeen
14 fourteen            18 eighteen
15 fifteen               19 nineteen
16 sixteen

Teenager – people aged thirteen – nineteen

20 twenty               25 twenty-five
21 twenty-one        26 twentysix
22 twenty-two                  27 twenty-seven
23 twenty-three                28 twentyeight
24 twenty-four                  29 twenty-nine
                                       30 thirty

MONTHS
January                      July
February                     August
March                         September
April                           October
May                            November
June                           December

Agatha: Elena has a big date next Saturday!
Victor: Oh really?
Elena: I’m… I’m meeting my classmate.
Agatha: Yes, her classmate Chang is in London! Does he look like Bruce Lee?
Elena: Chang? No, not really.
Agatha: Well Victor, Why don’t you go along with them?
Elena: Yes, you can come too!
Victor: I can’t, sorry. I’m going away for the weekend.
Agatha: You are?
Victor: I am.
Agatha: Where are you going?
Victor: I’m going to Boulogne.
Elena: Where is Boulogne?
Victor: It’s in France on the west coast.
Agatha: Who are you going with?
Victor: I’m going with my classmates. Harry and John and Sam if he’s better.
Agatha: When are you leaving?
Victor: We’re flying Friday night.
Agatha: That will be nice! And where will you be staying? In a hotel?
Victor: No. Harry’s mother has a house there.
Agatha: Well, I hope you have a good time.
Victor: Thank you, Agatha. I’m sure we will.
Agatha: When are you coming back?
Victor: We’re coming back on Sunday afternoon.
Agatha: Marvellous! I just had another great idea!
Victor: What is it?
Agatha: Well, why don’t you bring Elena along too? She can still get a cheap ticket.
Elena: But it’s impossible.
Victor: Yes, Impossible.
Agatha: Why is it impossible? You’ll have a lovely time – lost of fun!
Elena: I have to work on Saturday. And I am meeting Chang, too.
Agatha: Oh that’s right! Drat! I forgot. What a pity!
Victor: Yes. Sorry Elena.
Elena: Oh, It’s okay.
Agatha: Well, maybe next time. You are going to look spectacular on Saturday! Just spectacular!
Elena: Thank you.
Agatha: Oh. Victor, can you buy me some of that lovely Brie in Boulogne? There’s this enormous market there…
Victor: Of course. Anything  else?
Agatha: Well, actually..
Victor: No, no, no, I won’t have much time for shopping.
Agatha: What else are you going to do there?
Victor: We’re going to see some buildings and galleries. And if the weather’s nice, I’m going to do some drawing.
Elena: I want to see your drawings!
Victor: Sure. I can show you the ones from school today.
Elena: Oh. Tomorrow, please. I’m very tired now.
Agatha: Sweetheart! Go and get some rest. It’s a big day tomorrow.
Victor: Yes, if you like, I can take you to school in the morning.
Elena: Thank you, that is very kind. Okay… Bye!
Agatha: Don’t you say anything…
Victor: I can’t believe…
Agatha: Hello? Hello Harry! It’s Harry. Hello sweetheart!
Victor: Goodnight, Agatha.
LESSON:

PRESENT CONTINUOUNS TENSE
I’m meeting my classmate
I’m going away for the weekend

Is used for definitive future plans

To be + verb + ing

Contract the verb to be
 I am going -> I’m going
Where are you going next summer?
I’m going to Greece

Is he eating at Sam’s house tonight?
Yes, he is/ no, he isn’t

Used to talk about something happening in this moment

I am talking
You are listening
We’re talking
We aren’t singing

Are we studying Japanese?
No we aren’t.

PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSE – SPELLING

Sit -> Sitting
Stop -> Stopping

If a verb ends in a consonant + vowel + consonant double the final consonant

Make -> making
Verbs ending in e -> remove the e
Leave -> leaving
I’m leaving in the morning for Copacabana

ORIDNAL NUMBERS
First – wake up
Second – get up
Third – get dressed
Fourth – have breakfast
Fifth – go to work
Sixth
Seventh

Add th after the number, apart from:
 1 – first                    17 – seventeenth
 2 – second                18 – eighteenth
 3 – third                   19 - nineteenth
 4 – fourth                 20 - twentieth
 5 – fifth                    21 – twenty-first
 6 – sixth                   30 - thirtieth
 7 -  seventh



Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 The best English | Powered by Blogger | Template by 54BLOGGER